askmyGP is LIVE!
Please click on the link below
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update - Please Read
Following Government advice. From Monday 8th June ALL patients that will be entering the Health Centre, will be required to wear appropriate face coverings prior to accessing the building. Thank you for you understanding and co-operation during this Pandemic.
Many patients who feel vulnerable during the COCID-19 crisis are requesting Shielding letters. The Welsh Government have sent strict guidelines and categories of patients who should receive such a letter. They have a ‘broader vulnerability’ category who should practice strict ‘social distancing’ and only the extremely vulnerable who require Shielding and will receive a letter stating this. Although Cwmtawe Medical Group acknowledge the anxiety associated with the pandemic, we are only able to provide Shielding letter for those within the category, as laid out by government criteria for inclusion.
In view of the recent COVID-19 outbreak, the practice has had to review the situation. From Monday 16th March we are implementing the following.
- All patients must contact the practice via AskMyGP or the telephone.
- All routine work will be suspended.
- The practice will NOT be providing letters or sick notes to any patients who have self isolated.
- We are unable to answer questions relating to hospital appointments or planned procedures.
- Prescriptions can either be ordered directly by your regular pharmacy, placed in the letter box at the surgery or ordered online via AskMyGP. These will be available for collection at your preferred pharmacy (please let us know) or from 23.03.20, only between the following times:
Clydach - 09:30 - 4:30pm.
Morriston (New Cross Surgery) – 09:30 - 4:30pm
You must allow 72 hours to process it.
- We appreciate that many patients will find these changes frustrating however any forms of abuse to staff will not be tolerated.
- Potentially staff may have to be isolated, which will have an impact on staffing levels and services.
- Please DO NOT queue outside the surgery for an appointment or attend the surgery if you are unwell, unless you have been instructed to so by the GP or nurse. This potentially puts you and other patients at risk.
Many patients will be asked to accept prescriptions without being seen. Please be patient with us as we adapt to these new circumstances. We require your co-operation as we get through the next few weeks in a way that is best for the majority of our patients.
Unless you have been in hospital with a flare up of your asthma symptoms, or have had to have steroids tablets within the last 2 years for your asthma then you do not require a rescue pack. There is some evidence to suggest that high dose steroids can increase the likelihood of you getting ill with a viral or bacterial illness, therefore steroid and/or antibiotic use will not help you recover from the Coronavirus and could make you worse.
Please do not contact us with advice on isolation and distancing. Please click on the links below for the most up to date information.
Guidance for Vulnerable Groups (Social distancing)
What to do if you have symptoms of Coronavirus
You should stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
Do not go to the GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
If you have need to stay at home follow our self-isolation advice.
You should only contact 111 if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
For further advice, please visit the Public Health Wales website (link below)
Welcome to Cwmtawe Medical Group
Cwmtawe Medical Group was formed from the merger of 3 practices: Clydach Primary Care Centre, Sway Rd and New Cross surgeries in 2018. We are a large training practice of 25,000 patients. We currently have a a mix of 9 partners, 5 salaried GPs, 2 clinical pharmacists, 2 advanced nurse practitioners, a paramedic practitioner and an advanced physiotherapy practitioner. We frequently have GP registrars on rotation annually, these are the doctors of the future and the practice has a long history of nurturing the next generation of practitioners in the Swansea Valley.
There is a wide ranging variety of specialist skill mix amongst the clinicians ranging from Dermatology, Respiratory medicine, Diabetes, Sexual Health and Musculoskeletal medicine. And as part of the Cwmtawe cluster we are at the forefront of changing the fcae of primary care in Wales through the Transformation project.
In Clydach we operate out of a new purpose-built premises owned by Primary Health Properties, and our 2 surgeries in Morriston. The premises with attached community staff such as our district nursing and health visiting team. We aim to provide the highest standard of care possible.
The surgery has access for easy access for wheelchairs and toilet facilities for the disabled. There are also four appointed disabled parking areas.
Some of our doctors and staff are Welsh speaking.
The practice welcomes all feedback in respect of the services it provides and suggestions as to how the practice can develop. You can write directly to the Practice Manager.
(Site updated 28/06/2020)